Black Void RPG Core Rulebook
“A dark fantasy tabletop roleplaying game about the fall and resurgence of humanity”
BLACK VOID takes place in a distant past which is both familiar and outlandish in its dark and exotic ambience. As descendants of the survivors of Earth, characters can adopt many roles such as:
- Serving as emissaries, defending the enclaves and last remnants of human civilization.
- Travelling the Void-currents as explorers seeking riches and glory across the cosmos.
- Venturing to find Earth, the long lost cradle of humanity.
- Seeking influence and claiming a new home for mankind, taking their rightful places as leaders of mankind.
- Diving into the intrigues of Llyhn or perhaps building an empire in the dark depths of the city’s underworld.
- Discovering the true essence of existence finding enlightenment beyond the veil of reality; in a Void filled with mindless abominations.
Black Void uses an original rules set: The entire system is based on a few basic principles, making the rules easy to grasp and implement, which in the end gives more time for the fun bit, namely playing the game.
Game mechanics: Actions are resolved by a single roll using a twelve-sided dice to determine their success or failure. Actions have a difficulty rating, which is the value the dice-roll must equal or exceed for the action to be successful. Rolls are modified by adding Trait, ability and conditional modifiers - with the key feature that actions can be associated with differing Traits or skills enabling players to adopt their individual style depending on circumstances or personal preference.